Most Kittens will take to a litterbox with very little effort on your part. Kittens generally like to be clean and will use a litterbox in the house to achieve this. If your kitten or cat is not using the litterbox, we recommend that you consult your veterinarian to rule out a medical problem such as a urinary tract infection. If medical causes are ruled out, consider enrichment (add link to blog).
Some things that can help with inappropriate urination include:
- One more litterbox than cats in the house
- Make sure that the litterbox is not in a place that might be frightening
- Try different sizes, heights and shapes of litterboxes
- Try covered vs not covered litterboxes
- Try different substrates, some cats may not like a certain texture or scent
Leave A Comment