Choosing a Pet Insurance Company
Finding the right insurance provider can sometimes be a little overwhelming. We’ve provided some questions to help you find the right one for your beloved pet.
1. How many years has the company been in business?
2. Are there coverage options to choose from?
3. Are the policies and information provided reasonably easy to understand?
4. Have the premiums increased over the past few years? And if so, how much?
5. Do I have to pay a deductible every time a claim is filed? Are there different deductibles options to choose from? What is the deductible?
6. Are vet exams covered?
7. Is dental care covered?
8. What isn’t covered?
9. Is there a maximum age for enrolment?
10. Can I change my coverage level at a later date?
11. Does the company have animal health professionals processing my claims?
12. Are there any illness and incident caps?
13. Are there any options to cover routine wellness care?
14. Are the waiting periods before coverage begins reasonable?
15. Does the company cover alternative therapy, behaviour therapy and medical devices?
16. Are there limits per incident, per year, per lifetime or per body system? What are those limits?
17. How quickly are claims processed and paid?
Pet Insurance Companies: